Saturday, July 11, 2009

What causes pancreatitis

We all know that it is our digestive system which digests the food that we eat every day. The food has certain chemical constituent in it. They have to be broken down for easy assimilation and absorption in the body. The body produces certain digestive liquids or chemicals. These chemicals react with the chemical constituents of the food. This is the reaction of digestion. The pancreas gland is an important organ in this digestive system. It produces digestive enzymes and hormones like insulin. The insulin controls the sugar level in the blood.

The digestive enzymes are produced in the pancreas. But they are inactive in that place. These digestive enzymes become active chemicals only when they are in the small intestine. This is the wonderful arrangement of the nature. This is our normal general digestion process. When these digestive enzymes become active in this pancreas gland itself, we say that there is inflammation in this pancreas gland. This is what we all as pancreatitis. In this pancreatitis, there is auto digestion. This means that the digestive enzymes start reacting with the tissues which have produced them. These digestive enzymes damage these pancreatic tissues.

What are the causes of this auto digestion? Alcoholism is the well known cause. The alcohol in take causes the permanent damage to the pancreas tissues leading to chronic pancreatitis which may result in serious health problems like diabetic, kidney failure or even heart failure. The cystic fibrosis is one more cause of this chronic pancreatitis. The pancreas trauma and pancreas injury are two more causes of the chronic pancreatitis.
The acute pancreatitis is caused by the gallstones and related problems. These are actually pebble like small stones produced out of hardened bile material. These gallstones can also harm the pancreas tissues causing the acute pancreatitis.The alcohol in take can cause this acute pancreatitis also. In children Mumps are known to be an important cause of this pancreatitis. There can be different viral infections also. These can cause the pancreatitis. The peptic ulcer can some times damage the pancreas leading to this pancreatitis.

The medications can also cause this pancreatitis. There is a long list of chemicals which can cause the damage to these pancreatic tissues. It is to be noted that not each and every kind of medication can cause pancreatitis in each and every person. There are certain diseases for which we have to take some medications. These medications can have side effect of damaging he pancreatic tissues. There can be certain conditions which can lead to the pancreatitis. In pregnancy, some fatty deposits on the liver get developed and this health situation may lead to pancreatitis. This type of causes are among the rare causes of pancreatitis.

Linus Orakles
http://www.authorclub.info/

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Took Onglyza off and on for a year. I  have an enlarged adrenal gland. Still I await the outcome of that CT, but I know that much. Will find out more.
    I had the CT because of chronic pancreatic pain that started out as "attacks" from a couple of times a month to finally after 3 months of use without interruption, "attacks" 2-3 times a week. My PA put Onglyza on my allergies list.
    In the meantime, I lost almost 50 lbs in 5 months due to illness. Loss of appetite, pancreatic pain, chronic diarrhea, then eventually, inability to move my bowels. Severe back pain from the pancreas, and severe chest pain sent me to the ER where I was worked up for cardiac pain. I was cardiac cleared, but told my amylase was very low.
    Still seeking a diagnosis, but I lay the blame squarely on Onglyza. I'd had pancreatic issues in the past, and argued with the PA that prescribed it, she was calling me non-compliant, and I feared repercussion from my insurance company.
    I even took an article about the dangers of Onglyza, particularly in patients with a history, and she made me feel foolish.
    I wish I had listened to my instincts, I fear not only damage to my pancreas that is irreversible, but also severe damage to my left kidney, though I have bilateral kidney pain.
    I was off all diabetes meds, and control sugars strictly low to no carb. I can barely eat anymore, I have severe anorexia.
    I would warn anyone taking Onglyza to consider a change and try Dr Itua Herbal Medicine, and anyone considering taking it, to select a different avenue. I have been suffering severely for about 9 months, but the past 7 months have been good with the help of Dr Itua herbal medicine which I took for 4 weeks.
    I have been off Onglyza now, for 7 months, and simply 100% improvement with the help of Dr Itua. I had none of these issues except a history of pancreatitis in my distant past.
    I will recommend anyone here with health problem to contact Dr Itua on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and whatsapp +2348149277967 also he ccure the following disease with his herbal medicines Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabete, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,parkinson,cancer,als.

    ReplyDelete

Advertisement

Advertisement1

Advertisement