Wednesday, July 22, 2009

why we are (satire)

There have been a number of times that a question has made rounds of my mind. Who am I? And why am I who I am? If you ask this question to yourself you will understand what I am talking about.

Have you ever thought about why you are you? Why not someone else? For example, if I am Adam Croft, why am I Adam Croft, why not Bill Gates or Anil Ambani?
This is a million dollar question and I guess no one has the right answer. It is said that every body has seven lives and everyone gets a chance to live seven types of lives in their seven births. But how do I know that if I am a pauper in this life, what was I in my last one? I don’t know whether I was a king or a beggar, a lion or a rabbit. I always wanted to be a rich man with worldly pleasures and lot of popularity. But what I always regret that I was born me and not a billionaire. How will I know whether I will be a billionaire in my next birth? I can’t but this is not fair. If I have 7 births and if I have been promised to be a billionaire in one of these births at least, I should know which birth is it. Don’t I have the right to know what I am going to be or what I was? This would help me make some choice. If I am destined to be poorer than in this birth, I will not like to be born again. I mean, I will skip my next birth. If I am destined to be a billionaire, I will commit suicide right now. I am sure all of you will find some logic in what I am saying. So the question here is why is my conscience, ‘my’ conscience? Why my spirit is in me?

Why not in Tom Cruise?

Many researchers have tried to answer this question and that is how the term re-incarnation came trotting about, I guess. It is said that in ancient times more people knew about what they were and who they are going to be in their last and future births respectively. This was because they were sincere enough to first do justice to their present birth. They did not have thoughts like mine of suicide if they were supposed to be kings in their next birth. They had more balanced ideas. Or may be it was the other way round. Probably they were not as intelligent to get this question in their minds.

Whatever it is, finally when I did not get any answer to my question, I contended myself by pledging to be sincere and honest to myself and others. I pledged to be a good human being. I vowed to respect all. I thought this so that I get a better life next time. I also thank God every time that He has given me a life with some money and less struggle so that I get time to come up with this question. I thank God for not making me poor and for giving me all that is needed for a comfortable life. I thank God for giving me the wisdom so that I can today write what I am writing.

We should never forget that we have been given this life to do good to people. If we come to know that we will be billionaires in our next births, we will not be conscious to good to others. God is intelligent enough to keep some of our secrets with him so that He can decide what we should be in our next birth based on what we do in our present one.

Linus Orakles
http://www.authorclub.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Advertisement1

Advertisement