Thursday, July 23, 2009

Some Strange Questions (Satirical)

The other day, I was sitting on my bedroom window, sipping my cup of coffee when I saw a mango fall on my courtyard from a mango tree planted some years back. I was immediately struck with a question. Newton discovered gravity of the earth when he saw an apple fall from an apple tree. So was Newton the only intelligent person in the world? What I want to say is, had apples not fallen to the ground before? Everything has been falling to the ground since ages, then why did it need a Newton to discover gravity by looking at a falling apple? Isn’t this strange? Probably it is a million pound question.

There is another question bothering me since long that my niece asked when she was around 5 years old. I have not been able to answer the question properly yet. She asked me that if all the trees grow on the same ground, exist in the same environment, watered by the same gardener, receive equal amount of sunlight, then why there is a mango tree, a jackfruit tree or any other tree? Why don’t all trees have same leaves and same branches and bear the same fruits? I was astonished at her question. You might read this and think that I am a fool that I did not have an answer to such a stupid question. But think that the one asking the question is 5 years old and otherwise too, I am still waiting for the right answer. If you have, please oblige.

Question number three is, why are we able to see colors? Why isn’t everything black and white? I have heard that dogs are color blind, then why not human beings? Again this is not an easy question to answer. You can’t say that life will look dull if there were only two colors. The reason why this answer is not suitable is because I am talking about a situation where there would have been no other color at all. We would have not known that there are different colors that exist.

Question number four. Why can only human beings speak? Why my pet Labrador “Max” can’t speak? It would have been so much easier if other animals had the ability to speak. Please don’t try to get into explanations like evolution and development of man, etc. If that is the answer to this question then I would ask why other animals could not develop during evolution.

Question five. Why do we have to eat every few hours? In fact why do we have to eat at all? Why can’t we get our energy naturally without doing an activity like eating for that? All living beings eat and have to eat to survive. But why? Why can’t we survive without food?
I guess you can join my club of finding out real reasons for daily necessities. Either we will go mad searching for these answers or we will end up asking more questions like these to ourselves. So when you read this and go to bed tonight, think about the validity of these questions, try to answer them, or ignore them taking me to be a fool.

I am sure there must be nuts like me who come up with these type of questions once in a while and disturb others by asking them to answer. I am trying to find out who else is a nut like me so that we can share each other’s questions and produce more and more questions like the above to disturb other intelligent friends.

Linus Orakles
http://www.authorclub.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Advertisement1

Advertisement