Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weird wake up calls

I have a major problem getting up in the morning. I’m just not a morning person, and I’m sure there are numerous people out there who would sympathize with me. Alarm clocks simply don’t work for me; I keep hitting the snooze button till the time the poor alarm clock gives up and quits its efforts. So out of curiosity I recently went out in search for a stronger tool to make me get out of bed efficiently. And you would be surprised at the number of options there are out there, I know I was.

The best option for me I think is the clocky alarm clock. Now what this wonder device does is when you hit the snooze button it runs off and hides! Yes, don’t be surprised, it has wheels attached to it and it can actually jump 3 feet and cruise around and keep blaring the alarm signal till the time you would give up and get up. Another one to try would be puzzle alarm clock. When the alarm goes off the clock shoots four pieces of puzzle in the air, and to make the alarm stop shrieking one needs to assemble the four piece puzzle.

If you would need something crazier than this than I found just the thing for you, the Blowfly alarm clock! The inspiration for this clock came from a fly I suppose, since what it does is it flies off in the air when the alarm sounds. You would need to get up, grab it from the air and fix it on its base to silence it. Do you love your hard earned money? I bet you do so there’s nothing better than the SNUZNLUZ-WIFI donation clock. I don’t know if its true, but what happens is that every time you hit the snooze button it donates a specific amount to a charity. This would wake me up in a jiffy I’m sure!

I also found something interesting on an internet shopping website, the sonic bomb alarm clock with bed shaker. This alarm clock is loud enough to wake up the entire house plus a couple of neighbors. And if you slip the bed shaker under your mattress, it will shake things up a bit for you every morning and make you get up with a jolt! If you are one of the wild kinds and need some discipline in your life then get yourself the drill sergeant alarm clock. The alarm will go off with a loud bugle followed by your personal sergeant barking a series of orders at you. And if you like to shoot things around get yourself the Gun alarm clock. In order to silence this device you need to actually shoot at it, a fun thing to do first thing in the morning. I guess the one I liked the best was the dangerbomb alarm clock. This one looks like it has been made by a real terrorist, makes you wake up with danger signals going on and you need to locate the correct wire and disconnect it. Phew!!

Spoilt for a choice now, aren’t you? I am, but at least now you cant have a justified excuse for not being able to get up in the morning.

Linus Orakles
http://www.authorclub.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

Advertisement1

Advertisement